Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 1

First week of school for Spring 2008. First time to do the composition in my life.

We improvised a montage of a significant moment in our life. It's not suppose to be a difficult task, but I felt as if I haven't used my right-brain for a while.

When I first heard the assignment, I wasn't enable to imagine how the production would turn out. It was definitely moving faster than I imagined. Shanga first told us to do this in 5 minutes. From the Viewpoints readings, the author suggested that it would create a good amount of pressure, but maybe it was too much pressure for the first timer. My mind went blank and I couldn't think anything. I just barely came up with what it seemed like a random and stupid idea. However, it turned out to be not too bad still image of "a falling glass moment." Indeed when the product was put together and performed in front of the audience, the montage turned out to be way different outcome. Maybe because there was no explanation and the audience had to interpret our images in their own way?

Nevertheless, I found that creating something like performance requires way more thinking than what I have imagined. It is using different cognitive process than my usual science classes. It seems like a nice break from a left brain and a great way to work out my right one.

No comments: