Thursday, May 29, 2008

Composition from Last Week

Composition assignment from last week turned out to be quite interesting. Comparing to the past composition assignments, the are more in motion, more in detail and more in depth. I loved the use of spaces especially when utilizing the layer of spaces. It added dynamics to the visual affects and that's what I really enjoyed this round of composition presentation.

In terms of the actual content, I felt all of our compositions were abstract. Every actions were symbolism of something, but with our limited preparation and resources, it was quite hard to understand what was exactly going on without any use of speech. Everything started to make sense when the groups were talking about the symbolism expressed in the composition afterwards. But like how Shanga was mentioning that we should be projecting these messages to the audience, we need to think about how the audience are interpreting the composition. I love randomness and abstraction, but maybe randomness and abstraction that parallels with purpose and intent of the content may serve better in the composition assignment.

No comments: